Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE (and additionally for CA residents, NO PAYMENT OF ANY KIND) NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) entry period begins at 12am CST on November 18, 2022 and ends at 11:59PM CST on December 31, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted to the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes only open to legal residents of the fifty states of the United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possession and all overseas military installations) who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of November 18, 2022. All employees of Harris Teeter and Sponsor, and their affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions, and Sponsor’s fulfillment and advertising and promotion agencies (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must agree to and comply with these Official Rules to be eligible to participate. There are three ways to enter during the Sweepstakes Period: (1) Scan the QR code found on Sweepstakes promotional materials, which will open a link to a website; follow the link and instructions to complete and submit the entry form. (2) Follow Harris Teeter on social media at @harristeeter. Once Harris Teeter sends out a post pertaining to the Sweepstakes, follow the link and instructions to complete and submit the entry form. (3) On a 3” X 5” post card, legibly print your full name, age, street address, city, state, zip code, and day and evening telephone numbers with area code; mail to 701 Crestdale Rd, Matthews, NC 28105. Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone number or email address through which the entry was submitted. Limit one (1) entry per QR code, email address, or physical address. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for and entrants assume all risk of lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, misdirected or postage due entries. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF AN ENTRANT ENTERS THIS SWEEPSTAKES ON HIS/HER MOBILE DEVICE. NOT ALL MOBILE TELEPHONE/WIRELESS PROVIDERS CARRY THE SERIVCE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANTS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR WIRELESS PROVIDER’S PRICING PLAN. MOBILE ENTRY IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, [Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/other].
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and each Prize Winner by accepting a prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”), in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Twenty-six (26) winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held the week of January 2, 2023 (each, a “Winner”). Entrants will be included in the random drawing(s) based on receipt of entry and will be included in all drawings until they win a Prize or until the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, whichever occurs first. Entrants are only eligible to win one (1) Prize. The potential Prize Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on number of eligible entries received. The potential Prize Winners will be notified via text or phone at the phone number provided (or via email at the email address provided) by that entrant’s Sweepstakes entry within twenty-four (24) hours after the drawing (“Prize Award Period”). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. Each Potential Prize Winner shall be required to complete the winner form, including an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Affidavit”), and submit same, within 24 hours of issuance of notification. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to respond to notification within 24 hours after its transmission; (2) the return of a text notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency and/or return the Affidavit; and (4) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: A total of twenty-six (26) “Prizes” will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The one (1) Grand Prize will consist of twelve (12) $100 Harris Teeter gift cards valid for use between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023, for a total Grand Prize value of $1,200.00. Twenty-five (25) Secondary Prizes will consist of one (1) Harris Teeter Reserve Angus branded Yeti® 30 oz. tumbler with an estimated retail value of $38.00 each. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed, except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The Prizes will be awarded within five (5) business days of receipt of the Affidavit by Sponsor, after which no alternate winner(s) will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs or expenses associated with acceptance or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner, who will receive an IRS form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the Prize, if applicable. Once the required information and official paperwork are received within the specified time period, verified, and receive final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a Potential Prize Winner become an actual Prize Winner. The Prizes will be shipped only to addresses in the United States.
7. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes Entities’ websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select Prize Winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and or general rules of any sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prizes; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto and from any interaction with computer Sweepstakes information. PRIZES WILL BE ACCEPTED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights claims, injuries claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (1) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities, including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, in whole or in part, by participating in this Sweepstakes or receipt, use or redemption of the Prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Minnesota without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such dispute shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Minnesota.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to actual, third party, out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any) not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00 USD), and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. Entrants’ remedies are limited to a claim for money damages, (if any), and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion or liability, so the above may not apply to you.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
10. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation, Harris Teeter Winter Promotion Sweepstakes, Official Rules/Winners List Request, 825 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS 67202. Request for Official Rules of notification of the Winner(s) must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
11. SPONSOR: Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation, 825 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS 67202.
Yeti® is a registered trademark of Yeti Coolers, LLC