2022 Harris Teeter and Nabisco Back to School Sweepstakes OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. Making a purchase does not increase your chances of winning. The 2022 Harris Teeter Nabisco “Back to School” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), sponsored solely by Harris Teeter LLC (“Sponsor”) is open only to legal residents of Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date on which they enter. (See list of person who may not participate in Rule 6, below). Void elsewhere and where prohibited. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on July 21, 2022 and ends online at 11:59:59 p.m. on July 26, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). See Rule 1 (B), below, for the mail-in entry method’s deadlines.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram are not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
Mondelēz Global LLC is not a sponsor.
1. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
A valid email address, Harris Teeter VIC Card and VIC household information are required to enter and claim a prize in the Sweepstakes. A VIC Card can be obtained free of charge upon application at any Harris Teeter store. VIC Cards that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with or otherwise altered are not eligible for use in the Sweepstakes.
There are two methods of entry, as follows:
A. Electronic Entry via Facebook or Instagram: 2022 During the Sweepstakes Period, you will be entered when you successfully complete and comment on Harris Teeter’s Facebook and/or Instagram post regarding this Sweepstakes with your favorite Nabisco after school snack. Your comment must comply with the Content Restrictions outlined in Rule 2, below.
To enter using this method of entry, you will need to have a personal Facebook or Instagram account. If you do not have a Facebook or Instagram account, you may open one at Facebook.com or Instagram.com, respectively. There is no cost to create a Facebook or Instagram account. You may not use a shared or corporate account.
If you choose to use a wireless mobile device to enter, standard message and data rates apply in accordance with your service provider’s policies. A wireless mobile device is not required to enter the Sweepstakes via this entry method.
Limit: One (1) entry on Facebook and one (1) entry on Instagram per person/Facebook or Instagram account (as applicable) during the Sweepstakes Period.
B. Entry by Mail: You may enter, instead, by legibly hand-printing your name, complete address (including city, state and ZIP code), day and evening phone numbers, age, e-mail address and complete 11-digit VIC card number, on a single 3” X 5” card or paper (the “Mail-In Entry”) and mailing it in a standard-size envelope with proper postage affixed to: 2022 Harris Teeter. Nabisco Back to School Sweepstakes, Harris Teeter, Inc., P.O. Box 10100, Matthews, NC 28106. The name and address supplied must be those associated with the applicable VIC Card account. Customers are limited to two (2) Mail-In Entries per VIC card; each entry must be sent in a separate envelope. Only original hand printed Mail-In Entries are eligible. Mechanically reproduced Mail-In Entries will not be accepted. Any Mail-In Entry received in excess of the stated limitation will not be entered into the drawing. All Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by July 27, 2022 and received by August 5, 2022 in order to be eligible. All Mail-In Entries become the exclusive property of Harris Teeter and will not necessarily be acknowledged or returned.
Limit: Two (2) Mail-In Entries per person/mailing address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Overall entry limit: Limit two (2) entries per person, regardless of the method(s) used to enter.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRIES:
Your entry must be your original work only; you may not have any assistance in creating your entry. Your entry must not, in the opinion of Sponsor: promote or contain references to alcoholic beverages, drugs, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promote any particular political agenda or message; endorse any hate group; contain material that references any brands, trademarks, trade dress or logos other than those of Nabisco and/or Harris Teeter; contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; violate or infringe another’s intellectual property or other rights; be obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous; include any violence or dangerous stunts (or the promotion of same); contain materials embodying the names, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; or contain material that is unlawful in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it finds unlawful, in violation of these Official Rules, or offensive in any way and therefore not suitable for inclusion in this Sweepstakes.
By posting your Entry you warrant and represent that the content included complies with the above Content Restrictions. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Harris Teeter and Mondelēz Global LLC from and against any claims to the contrary.
Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any individual to exceed the above-indicated overall entry limit by using multiple/different e-mail or IP addresses, Facebook and/or Instagram accounts, identities, postal addresses or any other methods will void all of your entries and you will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner who entered via Facebook or Instagram, the winning entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Instagram account used to enter the Sweepstakes provided such person is eligible according to these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the person who is assigned to a Facebook account by Facebook.com, or to an Instagram account by Instagrm.com.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner who entered via Mail-in Entry, the Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the VIC Card applicable to the Entry provided such person is eligible according to these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the person who is assigned to a Vic Card account by Harris Teeter.
3. SPONSOR’S RIGHTS IN ENTRIES: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to grant to the Sponsor and Mondelēz Global LLC a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly or privately perform, publish, edit, make derivative works from, delete or display such entry, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, social media platforms and the internet, generally, without limitation and without any further right of approval or compensation. You further agree that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Sponsor/Mondelēz Global LLC’s and/or Sponsor’s/Mondelēz Global LLC’s licensees and shall be freely assignable by Sponsor/ Mondelēz Global LLC, and that the Sponsor, Mondelēz Global LLC and their respective assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to you. Sponsor/ Mondelēz Global LLC are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned rights. You agree to release Sponsor/ Mondelēz Global LLC and their respective licensees from any and all claims or liability arising from or in connection with any use of your entry. You further acknowledge that Sponsor/ Mondelēz Global LLC do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to them, or obtained from sources other than your entry.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: The winners of the prizes described in Rule 5, below, will be chosen in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received through both entry methods combined on or about August 5, 2022. The odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received through both entry methods combined. The prizes will be awarded and the winners notified by Facebook and/or Instagram if they entered via entry method A, or by email, mail or telephone if they entered via entry method B in Rule 1, above.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE VALUE (“ARV”):
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a: Back to school “room remodel”, which; includes a desk, chair, bookshelf, headphones, tote bag, tumbler, phone grip & assorted Nabisco product. ARV: $410
Five (5) First Prizes will be awarded, each consisting a: Back to school bundle, which; includes headphones, tote bag, tumbler, phone grip & assorted Nabisco product. ARV: $195 each.
Total ARV – of all prizes: $1,385.
The prizes consist only of the items described above. All other expenses in connection with the use of a prize are the winner’s responsibility. Winners are responsible for paying all income taxes on the prizes. The prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions are allowed except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or component thereof) becomes unavailable. Winners who entered via Facebook or Instagram will be required to provide their VIC Card information as a condition of claiming a prize.
6. GENERAL RULES: Entry Restrictions. Employees, officers and directors of Harris Teeter LLC. and Mondelēz Global LLC, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
All federal, state and local laws apply. Each potential prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity/ Prize Acceptance Form within 5 days of attempted notification. Non-compliance with this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining entries. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission by the winner for the Sponsor, Mondelēz Global LLC and their respective agencies to use, without further compensation, the winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising in all media worldwide without limitation. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of materials related to the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to these Official Rules) the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the announcement of the prize winners. Harris Teeter and Mondelēz Global LLC are not responsible for any damages resulting from the use of prizes, and make no warranties, representation or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, concerning the prizes, including but not limited to their quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
In the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules, or if winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt is made by the Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining entries.
Harris Teeter assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, illegible, incomplete, late, mutilated, garbled or postage-due entries, or for any act or failure to act regarding the transmitting, delay or processing of entries or VIC Card applications or for the operation of the VIC Card program, www.harristeeter.com, including data loss and/or corruption, computer malfunctions or software errors. VIC Card membership is free and is open to everyone who completes and submits a customer application. Harris Teeter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel the electronic entry portion of this Sweepstakes, should this portion become technically corrupted or otherwise cannot be conducted as originally planned and to select winners from among all eligible, non-suspect electronic and Mail-In Entries Mail-In Entries received. as of the date/time of termination.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. Harris Teeter LLC and its member clubs, Mondelēz Global LLC, The Pokémon Company International, Inc. Facebook, Instagram, and their respective affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, and the employees, officers and directors of all such parties, assume no responsibility or liability for, and all entrants agree to release and hold them harmless from and against, any damages, injuries, losses, claims or causes of action of any kind arising from participation in this Sweepstakes, the operation of this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize (if applicable).
8. LIST OF WINNERS: For the name of the winners, available after August 27, 2022 send a separate, stamped self-addressed (#10) envelope to, Harris Teeter and Nabisco Back to School Sweepstakes Winners, Harris Teeter, Inc., P.O. Box 10100, Matthews, NC 28106.
SPONSOR: Harris Teeter LLC, Matthews, NC.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to Facebook, Instagram, The Pokémon Company International, Inc., or Mondelēz Global LLC.