Vitacost Oregano Oil
What is oregano?
Oregano (Origanum vulgare) is a perennial plant belonging to the mint family, native to northern Europe. Its name is derived from the Greek “oros,” which means mountain, and “ganos,” which means joy.
A popular culinary herb, oregano is often used in Italian, Spanish and Mexican cuisine. Its warm, aromatic scent and slightly bitter flavor make it a great complement to tomato sauces, salad dressings and grilled fish, meat or vegetables. Oregano is popular in Italian-American dishes, especially pizza and pasta sauces.
Oregano’s history in traditional medicine dates back to Hippocrates, who recommended the herb for its antiseptic properties and for stomach and respiratory support.* It was also used by ancient cultures to relieve sore muscles, skin irritations and toothaches.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Oregano Oil - Standardized - Alcohol Free?
- Good source of vitamin K, iron and manganese
- Contains vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium and fatty acids
- Contains antioxidant flavonoids and phenolic acids
- Carvacrol, a phenol, is one of oregano’s most active constituents
Vitacost® Oregano Oil - Standardized - Alcohol Free is a targeted wellness solution- just for you.
- Standardized for consistent potency
- Supplies 43 mg of wild oregano oil per four-drop serving
- Can be taken directly, diluted in a beverage or applied topically
- Contains270 servings per bottle!
- Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.