The prices you are charged are the prices that are in effect on the day of pickup or delivery. These may be different from what you see online if your order is placed in advance. Harris Teeter's ExpressLane prices change at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday of each week to reflect the weekly ad starting Wednesday each week. If you order on Tuesday before 3:00 p.m. for Wednesday or later, your prices and order will not accurately reflect the prices seen on Tuesday while shopping online. Please note: the prices listed on our ExpressLane online shopping website will not be reflective of our in-store prices after 3:00pm on Tuesday afternoon.
- Weighed Items - The total on your order may vary based on the actual weight of the produce or meat items you purchase. Be assured, however, that you will be charged only for the product you actually receive.
- Estimated Totals - When you checkout online, you will receive an “estimated total”. The final order total will differ to accurately reflect items sold by weight, items requested that are not found online and to adjust for any substitutions that are made to your order.
Our goal is to provide the most recent and up-to-date product information for each item listed online. This includes Product Description, Picture, Product Size, Nutritional Information, Ingredients, Directions, etc. However, there could be discrepancies from time to time. It is the responsibility of the consumer to read each nutritional label after the item is received to verify and confirm the ingredients are as expected. If at any time you find that a product is not as expected, contact the store and we’ll be glad to arrange a refund for that item.
Payment options for ExpressLane orders include Credit/Debit Card, EBT, and Harris Teeter Charge Card. For your convenience Credit/Debit Card payments are accepted online. Currently, if you would like to pay with EBT or Harris Teeter Charge Card, you will be required to come inside to finalize your payment.
Substitutions- "What if an item I ordered is not available?"
Our goal is not to be out of stock on any item. However, if an item is out of stock and you elect to allow substitutions our policy is to give you the closest size at the cost of the item you receive. If a front page item of our weekly printed ad circular is not in stock we will offer a substitution at the stores discretion of a like item and honor the advertised price or issue a rain check. On certain items we have a policy of not substituting unless you specifically tell us to do so. These items include baby products, soft drinks and hygiene products to name a few. If you would like to accept our substitution policy, just check the box provided.
If you do not wish to accept substituted product at the time of pick-up, simply tell us and we will issue a complete refund for that item.
Coupons- "Can I use coupons with my ExpressLane Order?"
Coupons are accepted at the time of pickup and applied to your next online order. The actual coupon credit will not be shown online. However, the receipt you receive when you pick up your groceries will reflect the discount. If you turn in a coupon for an item purchased on an order today, you don't have to purchase that item on your next order. It's simply a credit waiting for you. Anytime coupons are given during a Super Double or Triple coupon event, we make sure you get that credit on your next order as well.
100% Satisfaction- "What if I want to return an item?" Providing you with the freshest foods for your family is a primary goal.
- Your groceries will be meticulously selected and stored in using proper refrigeration until pick-up.
- If you have a question or are not 100% satisfied, please contact your store at the number found on your receipt or in your confirmation email.
New Items- "What if I can't find an item I am looking for?"
- If you are unable to locate a product online and would like to have it included with your order, click on the 'Can’t Find It?' link. Enter in as much information about the product as possible and it will be added to your shopping cart. We will make our best attempt to locate the item in the store and add it to your order.
Special Instructions- "Can I add special instructions to my order?"
- Adding notes to any item is easy. Simply click the 'Add Notes' link by the product. During the checkout process you will also be given the opportunity to add any other special instructions or comments.
Pharmacy- "Can I add prescriptions to my order?"
- On the final checkout page, you can indicate that you would like to include a prescription or prescriptions with your order by checking the corresponding box. This alerts our personal shoppers that you have a prescription ready for pickup that you would like to include with your order. However, the prescription or refill order needs to be placed directly with our Harris Teeter pharmacy by phone. Our personal shoppers will not have access or be made aware of the kind of medicine you are including with your order. Due to federal and state regulations that require photo id for purchase and pick up of control substance prescriptions and PSE products, these transactions must occur at the pharmacy counter and cannot be included with an ExpressLane order.
Email addresses will be used to confirm we have received your order. We may also use your email address or mailing address to send you specific specials and promotions. If you prefer not to receive these special offers, just call us at 1-800-432-6111 to speak with a customer service representative.
Alcohol and Tobacco - "Can I buy age restricted items on-line?" Where sold, orders containing alcoholic beverages and/or tobacco items are available for pick-up. Prior to handing you the order, the Harris Teeter employee will check identification to validate age. If an adult over the age of 21 for alcohol or tobacco is not present at the time of pickup, the alcohol products and/or tobacco items will be removed from the order.
Mother Nature - It is our hope that 'Mother Nature' will never prevent us from fulfilling your order in a timely manner. If there are weather related incidences such as power outages or snow/ice storms that prevent product availability or employee access to the store, we will contact customers who have pending orders to make other suitable pickup arrangements.
Tipping - It is our pleasure to provide this service to you, our valued customer. Providing this service is the primary responsibility of every Harris Teeter employee, therefore tips are not accepted. Your return business, recommendation to friends and family, and thanks are the best tip we can receive.