Harris Teeter hosts hiring event on January 19 for permanent retail operations positionsCompany recruiting for salaried and hourly roles in all locations
Matthews, N.C. – Harris Teeter is thrilled to announce a hiring event scheduled for Thursday, January 19. Harris Teeter is ready to hire hundreds of new associates in roles across all departments for full-time, regular employment. Harris Teeter is eager to add qualified associates to its retail operations, which include roles such as produce clerks, bakery clerks, plus hourly and salaried leadership roles. The event will take place from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. at all Harris Teeter locations.
"We are excited to hire full-time, permanent associates who are seeking a career with a purpose," said Lauren Furr, Director of Learning and Development & Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. "We are eager to welcome new associates to the Harris Teeter family who will help us live our purpose to enrich lives: one meal, one family, one associate, and one community at a time.”
At Harris Teeter’s last hiring event, the company made offers to more than 300 candidates.
Harris Teeter offers resources , benefits and training to support and develop associates and make their lives easier including:
Health & Wellness
- Medical benefits for full-time associates
- Free counseling sessions available 24/7 as well as other mental health resources
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plans with a company matched contribution
- Saving plans and flexible paycheck delivery options
- Profit sharing twice a year
Continuing Education Assistance
- Partnerships with Queens University and the University of Phoenix to help associates further their educational opportunities
- Educational leave of absence for associates who wish to continue employment with Harris Teeter while away at college
Vacation, Personal Hours & Associate Perks
- Paid vacation days, paid personal days plus paid days for jury duty and bereavement
- Flexible scheduling
- Associate-only discounts on select grocery items
If interested in joining the Harris Teeter team, visit any Harris Teeter location on Thursday, Jan. 19 between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. An applicant should go to the Customer Service Desk upon arrival and ask to speak to an interviewer about a position with Harris Teeter. The team will interview every candidate and discuss job opportunities in that location.
The company encourages all interested applicants to explore available jobs at www.harristeeter.jobs and apply online. This step is preferred but not mandatory for an interview.