Harris Teeter donates over $1 million to Together in Education schools throughout 2021-2022 school year, bringing program total to more than $32 million
Participating schools to receive $708,252 in final 2021-2022 payout
Matthews, N.C.– Harris Teeter announced today the donation of $708,252 to local schools participating in its Together in Education (TIE) program. TIE is the company’s fundraising program for schools within its communities.
This is the program’s third of three payouts for the current school year, bringing the year’s total payout to more than $1.2 million. During this payout, 4,081 schools will receive a check from Harris Teeter.
Harris Teeter’s TIE program was founded in 1998, and since that time, the company has donated more than $32.4 million to participating schools.
Active participation by both TIE schools and loyal Harris Teeter shoppers is integral to the success of the program, allowing schools to earn funds through shopper purchases. Shoppers are encouraged to link their VIC card to the school or schools of their choice (up to five schools), so schools can earn funds based on purchases of select Harris Teeter brands. There are no limits to how much a school can earn.
Top Earning Schools, Third Payout
• Francis Scott Key Elementary Middle School – Baltimore, MD – $8,329.57
• Community School of Davidson – Davidson, NC – $3,796.32
• Grimsley Senior High - Choral Program – Greensboro, NC –$3,033.51
• Battlefield High School – Haymarket, VA – $1,871.57
• Kensington Elementary School – Waxhaw, NC – $1,798.37
• Hammond High School – Columbia, MD – $1,788.83
• Heritage Middle School – Wake Forest, NC – $1,430.46
• Mountain Island Charter School – Mount Holly, NC – $1,307.72
• Eagle Ridge Middle School PTA – Broadlands, VA – $1,276.99
• Laing Middle School PTO – Mount Pleasant, SC – $939.37
*Funds earned March 1, 2022 - May 31, 2022
The TIE school year runs annually from Aug. 1 – May 31. To receive a check in the final payout period, schools must have accrued at least $25 during the TIE school year.
To participate, each year beginning in August, shoppers must link their VIC card to the school or schools of their choice. Linking for the 2022 – 2023 school year will begin on Aug. 1, 2022, and shoppers can add or edit linked schools at any time throughout the school year.
For more information about Together in Education, please click here.
Harris Teeter, with headquarters in Matthews, N.C., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR). The regional grocery chain employs approximately 35,000 associates and operates stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Maryland, Delaware, Florida and the District of Columbia.