Food Truck Favorites
Food truck fare is one of life’s greatest pleasures! Restaurants-on-the-move are changing the fast food scene… for the better. From creative fusion concepts to over-the-top snack foods, food trucks are cranking out some crazy-great dishes.
The only problem? You gotta hunt them down.
Can’t track down your favorite food truck? No worries, we’ve got you covered. We’re making our favorite street-food fare at home.
Tuna Poke Tacos with Mango Slaw
- 2 tbsp. Harris Teeter Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Harris Teeter Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. HT Trader’s Sriracha
- 1 tsp. Ht Trader’s Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 lb. sushi-grade tuna
Mango Slaw Ingredients:
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and sliced
- ½ diced red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups packaged shredded coleslaw (no dressing)
- 1 tsp. Harris Teeter Sesame Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freeze the tuna for 30 minutes to make it easier to dice into ½” cubes. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna marinade ingredients then add in the cubed tuna. Allow to marinate 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine all mango slaw ingredients and toss to combine.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions. Layer with lettuce, tuna poke, and mango slaw. Garnish with jalapeños and fresh lime juice, if desired.
- Harris Teeter tortillas
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Sliced jalapeños
- Lime wedges
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread, sliced
- 1 jar of Harris Teeter Pizza Sauce
- Fresh basil
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat a griddle to medium high heat. Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on half of the bread slices. On the other halves, add sliced mozzarella and fresh basil. Place the sauced bread sauce-side down on the halves with the cheese.
- Grease the griddle and cook until golden brown and crispy on both sides and the cheese is melted. Remove to a serving platter and serve immediately!
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Curly Fries
- 1 bag frozen Harris Teeter Curly Fries
- 1 Harris Teeter Rotisserie Chicken, meat removed from bones and shredded
- ⅓ cup Harris Teeter Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Harris Teeter Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Harris Teeter Blue Cheese Crumbles (optional)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 pieces of celery, diced
- ¼ cup Harris Teeter Ranch Dressing
- Bake fries on a sheet pan covered with aluminum foil according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, toss shredded chicken with wing sauce. When fries are cooked, remove them from the oven. Scatter with mozzarella cheese, chicken, cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles if using. Return the sheet pan to the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the chicken is warmed through.
- Remove from the oven, and scatter with onions and celery, then drizzle with ranch. Serve immediately.
Katie Harding is the publisher of Forks and Folly . A self-taught cook and die-hard foodie, Katie lives in Charlotte with her husband and three boys. Besides cooking and eating, she loves craft beers, running, and napping.