Air Fryer Desserts
We’ve all heard of cooking up our favorite fried foods in the air fryer for a crispy and lighter treat with less guilt. But don’t stop there - the air fryer can do so much more!
Break out of your cooking rut and try out these fun and easy air fryer desserts this spring. Enroll the kids in helping to make their favorite mix and match toaster pastries or recreate your favorite carnival treat (hello, deep-fried Oreos) using your air fryer. And if you haven’t baked cookie dough in your air fryer, you haven’t lived. You’ll never go back to using the regular oven again!
Air Fryer Oreos
Skip the deep-fried version and make these Air Fryer Oreos reminiscent of your favorite carnival treat!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Yield: 16 cookies
2 cans Harris Teeter Crescent Dough
16 Harris Teeter Twist Top Cookies
2 Tbsp. Harris Teeter Powdered Sugar
1.) Open the crescent dough and smooth it out into a large square,
pressing any of the diagonal cuts together. Cut into 8 smaller
squares. Fold each square around a cookie and seal completely.
Repeat with the second tube of dough.
2.) Coat the bottom of your air fryer with cooking spray or use an
approved parchment liner. Place 4-5 covered cookies in your air
fryer and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes or until
golden on top. Flip them over and cook for another 3 minutes.
3.) Remove cookies from heat and place on a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
4.) Dust each cooked cookie with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Air Fryer Homemade Pastries
Making homemade pastries in the air fryer is a fun family cooking activity. Mix and match your favorite fillings and toppings to create your own tasty treat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 6 pastries
- 1 15 oz. package of Harris Teeter Pie Crusts (2 – 9 inch discs)
- 6 Tbsp. Private Selection Jam
- 2 cups Harris Teeter Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Harris Teeter Heavy Cream
1. Roll out each pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 12 3x5
inch rectangles, combining leftover dough and re-rolling to make
2. Place 1 Tbsp. of jam on half of the rectangles and smooth out,
leaving ¼ inch of an edge.
3. Use your finger and wet the edge of each crust. Top each jam-
covered pastry with another rectangle, pressing down along the
4. Use a fork to crimp the edges.
5. Coat the bottom of your air fryer with cooking spray or use an
approved parchment liner. Place two pastries into the basket and
cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 -12 minutes. Remove them
from the basket to cool on a wire rack and repeat with the
6. While the pastries are cooking, stir the cream and powdered sugar
together. Once the pastries have cooled, drizzle icing on top and
coat with sprinkles.
NOTE: Be sure to let the jam cool completely before eating – it will be super-hot!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Bites
These easy-to-make Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Bites make the perfect afterschool snack or treat to go with your mid-afternoon coffee!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Cinnamon Bites Ingredients:
- 1 can Harris Teeter Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 1/4 cup Harris Teeter Sugar
- ½ tsp. Harris Teeter Cinnamon
- 1 cup Harris Teeter Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Harris Teeter Heavy Cream
1. Take the cinnamon rolls out of the can, pulling apart into pre-
portioned pieces. Slice each roll into quarters, then roll lightly into
a ball. (They will come apart slightly when cooking. It’s ok!)
2. Add sugar and cinnamon to a large zip lock bag.
3. Stir the powdered sugar with the cream in a small bowl until
4. Coat the bottom of your air fryer with cooking spray or use an
approved parchment liner. Place 1/3 of the balls into the air fryer,
leaving plenty of space for the dough to expand and for air to
move around. Cook at 340 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes,
flipping once. Remove from the oven when golden.
5. Remove from heat and add to the bag with the cinnamon sugar.
Continue cooking the remaining dough, adding it to the bag once
6. Shake the cooked dough in the bag then pour out into a serving
bowl and drizzle the icing on top. Enjoy warm!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thought you couldn’t improve upon freshly baked cookies? Try baking cookie dough in your air fryer for crispy edges and gooey centers!
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 package Harris Teeter Cookie Dough
1. Break apart the cookie dough along the perforations. Coat the
bottom of your air fryer with cooking spray or use an approved
2. Place a five balls in the bottom of your air fryer, leaving plenty of
space for them to spread out.
3. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes. Open the air
fryer and use a spoon to gently press the dough into a cookie-
shaped disc. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until
4. Remove from the air fryer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the
Katie Harding is the publisher of Forks and Folly . A self-taught cook and die-hard foodie, Katie lives in Charlotte with her husband and three boys. Besides cooking and eating, she loves craft beers, running, and napping.