Voluntary Recall on Harris Teeter In-store Breaded Fried Chicken
Matthews, N.C. – Harris Teeter announced today the voluntary recall of all in-store breaded fried chicken product produced in its Fresh Foods Market between Feb. 8 and today, Feb. 22, 2019 prior to 11:30 a.m. It was determined that some of the breading used contained eggs which was not declared on the labels. Harris Teeter promptly removed the affected product from its shelves and has updated the ingredient label for any product produced after 11:30 a.m. today, Feb. 22, 2019.
The breading may have been used in products listed below:
- Cold Double Dipped Fried Chicken UPC 0007203695106
- Hot Double Dipped Fried Chicken UPC 0007203695981
- Hot Hand Battered Chicken Strips UPC 0020544900000
- Cold Hand Battered Chicken Strips UPC 0020546300000
- Double Dipped Chicken Special UPC 0020551500000
- 48pc Mixed Chicken UPC 0020660300000
- 72pc Mixed Chicken UPC 0020660400000
- 96pc Mixed Chicken UPC 0020660500000
- Any Fried Chicken product with the UPC 0020660600000
Product quality and integrity are paramount to Harris Teeter. Shoppers who purchased one or more of these items and have an allergy or sensitivity to egg, should not consume the product. Instead, shoppers should return the product to their Harris Teeter for a full refund.
Customers with questions should contact Harris Teeter’s Customer Relations Department at 1-800-432-6111, and select Option 2.