Welcome to our Supplier Community Page, we are glad you are interested in learning about how to do business with Harris Teeter.
As Harris Teeter continues to grow, we are committed to doing our part to ensure that diverse businesses are a part of the mainstream of our company and our nation's free enterprise system. Harris Teeter has numerous opportunities and recognizes the added value of Supplier Inclusion. Our approaches are as varied as the businesses and individuals involved. Our goal is always the same: to reflect the broad diversity of the marketplaces we serve.
How to Present your Item to Harris Teeter for Review
- Use the links provided to download our Warehouse and Direct Store Delivery forms and Vendor Handbook to prepare for your presentation of your item.
- Use the Category Review Schedule to determine when you should request a meeting with the appropriate Category Manager for your item.
Supplier Inclusion Program and How to Become a Certified Diverse Supplier
The goal of our Supplier Inclusion Program is to foster the promotion, growth and development of local, minority, women and other diverse owned enterprises.
As Harris Teeter continues to grow, we are committed to doing our part to ensure that diverse businesses are a part of the mainstream of our company and our nation's free enterprise system. Harris Teeter has numerous opportunities, and recognizes the added value of Supplier Inclusion. Our approaches are as varied as the businesses and individuals involved. Our goal is always the same: to reflect the broad diversity of the marketplaces we serve.
What is a diverse business?
At least 51% owned and controlled/operated by a U.S. Citizen and of the following categories or ethnicities:
- African American
- Service Disabled Veteran
- Asian Indian
- Native American
- Asian Pacific
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender
To Become a Certified Diverse Supplier
How do I become certified?
If you are a diverse supplier but have not yet taken the steps to become a certified diverse supplier, Harris Teeter encourages you to do so by contacting one of the organizations below.
NMSDC - If the prospective supplier is minority-owned, Harris Teeter recommends certification by the National Minority Supplier Development Council or one of its regional affiliates at www.nmsdcus.org
WEBENC - If the business is woman-owned, Harris Teeter recommends certification with the Women's Business Enterprise National Council at www.wbenc.org
NGLCC - Contact the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce for certification as a Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual or Transsexual owned business at www.nglcc.org
U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs - if the supplier is a service-disabled veteran owned, contact the USDVA for documentation to verify your status at www.va.gov
Harris Teeter will also accept certification from any national, state, or local third party certifying agency.
To Become a Registered Certified Diverse Supplier with Harris Teeter or to Renew your Annual Registration with Harris Teeter.
- Once you are certified, use the provided link to access and fill out our vendor information form and upload your certification.
- If you are renewing your annual registration, please fill out the same form and upload your new certification.
- If you need assistance please contact Dianne Bernsdorf at DBERNSDORF@harristeeter.com
Foreign Supplier Verification
How do I become verified?
- Use the links provided to access our Foreign Supplier form.
- Complete the form, sign it electronically, and submit it for review.