Hoffman (#16045) Horticultural Vermiculite Soil Conditioner, 2 CF
If you’re looking for a conditioner to improve the quality of your soil, or even entirely replace the soil, then Hoffman Horticultural Vermiculite is just what you need!
- Excellent for soil improvement, root cuttings, seed germination, container gardening, lawn seeding, cut flowers, bulb & root storage, transplanting plants and for mulch
- Horticultural vermiculite is an efficient soil conditioner by increasing nutrient retention
- Loosens soil, provides aeration, retains water
- Can be used to start seeds, propagate cuttings and store bulbs
- Prevents mold and mildew and promotes rapid growth
- Blend with peat moss and perlite for custom soilless mix
- Conditioner covers area of 2-cubic feet
Hoffman Horticultural Vermiculite Soil Conditioner is a ready to use, light-weight soil conditioner added to the soil to improve aeration and seed germination success by encouraging rapid root growth in cuttings. Vermiculite can also be used to prevent plants from being overwatered and falling victim to root rot. It has excellent water retention that releases the water according to the plant’s needs. Vermiculite can be used alone or in a potting mix for improved seed germination. Utilizing vermiculite for this purpose will see seedlings develop more quickly. It is an excellent addition to pots of soil, whether that be in outdoor containers or for houseplants. If you like to create your own homegrown cut flower bouquets, vermiculite offers a great hack to use instead of a vase full of water.