Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
DIY Difficulty Level: 2 (Moderate)
DIY your own mason jar dispenser to keep hand sanitizer at the ready and your countertops looking clean and tidy. An easy craft and upcycling project perfect for the kitchen or classroom.
- Soap Dispenser Pump
- Mason jar
- Spray Paint (optional)
- Glue (water-proof sealant)
- Harris Teeter Liquid Soap or Hand Sanitizer
- Trace a circle in the center of the mason jar lid that is slightly smaller than the size of the pump. Then, use a hammer and a screwdriver to drive the screwdriver through the lid along the line of the circle, then punch out the center. Smooth out the edges as necessary.
- Lightly spray the top of the pump with spray paint, if desired. Coat the lid and mason jar ring with spray paint as well, and allow it to dry.
- Fit the pump through the hole punch in the lid and then insert lid into ring. Seal the pump to the lid with a thin layer of glue. Allow it to dry.
- Fill mason jar and screw the lid on top! Refill with soap or hand sanitizer as necessary.