- Maintains an Inclusion and Diversity Advisory Council (IDAC). The IDAC is comprised of senior leaders that promote initiatives and make recommendations that are reflective of a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Offers a four-hour, instructor-led Diversity and Inclusion Awareness course for all MDP and BBT positions which was incorporated into the overall learning objectives.
- Online computer-based diversity and inclusion training module as part of our new associate orientation.
- Maintains a Supplier Inclusion Council.
- Supplier Inclusion website that allows vendors to register and do business with Harris Teeter.
- Since 1998, Harris Teeter has donated over 28.7 million to local schools in our communities.
- In one year alone, Harris Teeter diverted 13 million pounds of food waste from landfills.
- Each year Progressive Grocer’s Top Women in Grocery recognizes women who strengthen the retail food industry at many levels by demonstrating outstanding leadership and community involvement. Nominees are from three categories; Executive, Rising Star, and Store Manager.
We are excited to announce that six women in the Harris Teeter family were among those honored.
- Karin Humanik, Director of General Merchandise and Health & Beauty Care
- Rory Snavely, Director of Procurement
- Danna Robinson, Communication Manager
- Lauren Furr, Senior Manager of Corporate Recruiting & Customer Relations
- Donna Maxwell, Store Manager in California, Md.
- Jacque Gilliard, Store Director in Charleston, S.C.
- Kim Shelley, Store Director in Olney, Md.