- Implemented an Inclusion and Diversity Advisory Council (IDAC). The IDAC is comprised of senior leaders that promote initiatives and make recommendations that are reflective of a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Implemented a four-hour, instructor-led Diversity and Inclusion Awareness course for all MDP and BBT positions which was incorporated into the overall learning objectives.
- Created a new online computer based diversity and inclusion training module as part of our new associate orientation.
- Implemented a Supplier Inclusion Council
- Implemented a Supplier Inclusion website that allows vendors to register and do business with Harris Teeter.
- Three female leaders, Sharon Alston, Madi Palermo, and Rachel Blackwelder participated in the Progressive Grocer Awards Ceremony for 2017.