To focus on cleaning, replenishment, and the well-being of our valued associates, Harris Teeter has made the difficult decision to suspend all fundraising events until further notice.
For the most updated information regarding Harris Teeter’s response to COVID-19, please visit https://www.harristeeter.com/harris-teeter-response-to-covid-19
Registered 501(c)(3) organizations are offered the opportunity to fundraise in front of participating Harris Teeter locations. Fundraising events are not allowed in front of our stores in Northern Virginia, Central Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, the Washington Metropolitan Area or at our Distribution Centers. It is important to remember that Harris Teeter receives thousands of fundraising event requests each year. To help as many organizations as possible, organizations may only host two fundraising events per calendar year in front of the same participating store. Harris Teeter also reserves the right to cancel an event should it receive customer complaints.
Non-profit organizations must:
1. Submit fundraising event requests at least four weeks but no more than six months in advance of event date.
2. Follow all Harris Teeter rules of customer service during scheduled event and respect requests made by the Harris Teeter manager-on-duty.
1. Harris Teeter will review requests in the order that they are received.
2. Each store may only host two events per month. Only available stores will appear as a valid selection in the Store Locator tool. If a store does not populate, it is not available.
3. A non-profit organization may host events at multiple stores throughout the year. However, the organization may only host an event in front of the same store twice in a calendar year.
4. Harris Teeter reserves the right to decline a fundraising event request if activities conflict with day-to-day store operations or if the store has received complaints about the non-profit organization placing the request.
5. Harris Teeter will not allow non-profit organizations to fundraise in front of stores during donation card campaigns or food drives hosted by Company. These months include but are not limited to:
6. Fundraising events in front of participating stores are solely for the purpose of requesting donations. Approved non-profit organizations are not permitted to:
Please note: If your group wishes to solicit multiple stores on the same date, you must submit separate requests for each store location.
Harris Teeter Together in Education is a program that runs August 1 – May 31. The school of your choice is linked to your VIC card until May 31. You can re-link starting August 1; Harris Teeter does not permit Together in Education linking events in front of its stores in June or July. Together in Education linking events are not permitted at stores outside a five-mile radius from the requesting school. Linking Events are permitted at stores in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Check out the additional Linking Guidelines here.
Please note: As our shoppers have many different beliefs, religious organizations are not permitted to solicit in front of Harris Teeter stores. Exceptions are only made when religious organizations are collecting funds or food for food banks/pantries.