Harris Teeter Coupon Acceptance Policy
- We accept coupons that have not passed their expiration date for use; we cannot accept any expired coupons or coupons not displaying an expiration date.
- We accept only one manufacturer coupon per scanned item.
- We do not accept coupons on items not purchased.
- Coupons must be presented at time of purchase; we cannot return money for coupons not used.
- Coupons presented and items purchased must match exactly: size, variety, flavor, etc.
- We uphold any purchase stipulations set forth by product manufacturer.
- We accept only one paper coupon (Manufacturer, Internet, Harris Teeter or Competitor)
- per purchased item.
- Coupons saved to mobile devices cannot be accepted.
- We accept coupons for items only of equal or higher value: we do not give cash back. If coupon value exceeds item value, the coupon amount will be adjusted to reflect item price.
- Sales tax is paid by customer at full retail.
- We do not accept photo copied coupons of any type.
- Coupons that reflect money off of total order must be used after all other discounts and coupons are applied.
- A buy-one-get-one (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate purchase. One coupon per purchased item.
- We accept 20 double coupons per day per customer/household with VIC card: all others redeemed at face value. No orders may be separated that would allow the 20 coupon limit or any other coupon limits to be exceeded.
- We double manufacturer’s coupons up to $.99: with total amount not to exceed $1.98 or entire retail of item; whichever is less.
- We double up to three identical items with manufacturer coupon: additional coupons for like item will be honored at face value. Like items include all flavors.
- No competitor coupons will be doubled or tripled.
- Coupons that state “do not double” will not be doubled or tripled.
- We gladly accept original paper internet manufacturer’s coupons: however no internet coupons involving any “free” products are accepted.
- With the purchase of three like manufacturer’s products, we accept three Internet coupons, per store, per day.
- We do not accept internet coupons that do not appear to be originals or that will not scan.
- Coupons have unique serial numbers printed on them and follow industry-standard format.
- Any presented coupon that does not follow standard format will not be accepted, to include coupons that are copied and have the same serial number.
- We gladly accept local competitors’ paper manufacturer coupons for cents/money off of products.
- We also redeem circular and direct-mail coupons for money off of the total order. There is a limit of one per customer per day.
- If a coupon is marked as a Manufacturer’s Coupon, we will accept it even if it comes from another merchants Catalina coupon machine. Example: If the coupon is from Target, Food Lion etc. and has “Manufacturer’s Coupon” printed on the coupon it is acceptable.
- We do not accept any internet coupons from other retailers.
- The Management Team in each store determines who their competitors are.
- We do not accept percent off items or percent off total order coupons.
- Customer who choose to participate in our digital coupon program are required to join our e-vic program, which requires a valid e-mail address and vic card.
- Digital coupons will automatically be applied to a customer’s total purchase prior to paper coupons or any other discounts, as long as the qualifying product(s) are purchased using the same VIC card in which the coupons were loaded.
- Digital couposn will not double or triple.
- A digital manufacturer coupon cannot be combined with a paper or internet manufacturer coupon.
- If a digital manufacturer coupon and a paper manufacturer coupon are presented for the same item, the best value will be redeemed at checkout, including any double or triple value promotions. Any unused digital or paper coupon will be returned to the customer.
- Digital coupons will have an expiration date communicated on the web site.
- Digital coupons are not eligible on closeout items, on sale items as a manager’s special, or if the coupon exceeds the price of the item.
- Digital coupons for amounts “off total orders” are not eligible on alcohol or tobacco products, stamps, tickets, lottery or gift cards.
ExpressLane--Online Shopping with Coupons
- Coupons are accepted at the time of order pickup. The coupons are applied to the Next ExpressLane order. This includes special events such as Super Double Coupons.
- The actual coupon credit will not appear Online; however the printed Harris Teeter register receipt will reflect the coupon discounts.
- Rain checks expire 60 days from date of issue and are accepted at any Harris Teeter store *Effective 3/29/2017
- Rain checks can be issued for items out of stock during coupon promotions/events for the sale price of the item only.
- We reserve the right to limit rain check quantities based on product availability and advertised limits.
- Rain checks can be written for a limit of three or three “deals” unless otherwise stated in the ad.
- We do not reissue rain checks for quantities not purchased at the time or redemption.
- For deal where the pricing may vary, the customer must pay the higher amount.
- Rain checks cannot be combined with the current sale price of an item.
- Rain checks cannot be combined with any paper coupon for the same item. *effective 3/29/2017
Our scan guarantee states "If an item scans higher than the shelf tag or sign, you will receive one 1 item free and any additional quantities at the price stated, excluding alcohol and tobacco."
- We will honor five "scan guarantees" per customer; all other pricing inadequacies will result in
- the difference between the shelf tag and the actual price of the item being refunded. For example, if a customer presents 6 cans of tuna, 3 jars of tomato sauce, 2 boxes of cereal, 4 bottles of shampoo, 2 boxes of crackers, and 3 packages of diapers with shelf tags and receipts saying that all of these items scanned incorrectly, we will give them 1 tuna, 1 tomato sauce, 1 cereal, 1 shampoo and 1 box of crackers for free, all additional quantities and the diapers would
- be refunded the difference between the scanned price and the shelf price.