DIY Copper Can Planters
Copper Can Planters
DIY Difficulty Level: 2 (Moderate)
Always have your favorite herbs at-the-ready with these upcycled Copper Can Planters. Place them in a lighted nook of your kitchen for fresh flavor in every meal. What herbs will you be planting?
- Empty aluminum cans
- Copper spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Chalkboard labels & chalk
- Potting Soil
- Gather your empty cans and remove the labels and any leftover adhesive residue.
- Use a drop cloth, paper bags, or newspapers to create a safe space to spray paint. Give each can a consistent spray of paint, ensuring that you allow paint to dry between coats and keep dripping at bay by not applying too much paint at once. Allow to dry completely.
- Turn cans upside down and create drainage holes by carefully hammering on a screwdriver until the can is punctured. Create three drainage holes per can.
- Create labels for your herbs on the chalkboard tags, then attach the twine to the can using a hot glue gun.
Pot your favorite kitchen herbs and enjoy the fruits of your labor all year round!