Harris Teeter cares about each of the communities in which we are located, and we will offer convenient seasonal Flu Shots again this year in each of our Pharmacy stores. See Pharmacist for details.
Fast Facts About the Flu
- You can’t get the flu from the flu shot.
- You need a flu shot once each year because the virus strains may change every year.
- Influenza is a bad disease with a good vaccine. Get your annual flu shot.
- It takes about two weeks for the full effect of the vaccine to be developed in each person’s body.
- Flu season in the United States generally begins in late December/early January and extends through March.
- Last year, Americans missed more than 52 million workdays because of the flu (National Center for Health Statistics).
- Influenza is a respiratory illness that should not be confused with a cold or stomach ailment.
- Symptoms of influenza include fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, as well as headache, muscle aches and fatigue.
- Influenza is a contagious viral infection that can affect anyone, anywhere.
- People over 65 and those with chronic illness are at higher risk for complications of the flu such as pneumonia.
- Please see pharmacist for minimum age requirement to qualify for flu shot.
- If pregnant or nursing, consult with your Physician before getting the flu shot.
*Courtesy of the American Lung Association of Minnesota and BlueCross BlueShield of Minnesota.
Before you get your flu shot, you will need to fill out the forms below. You can do this in our store, or you can download them here, fill them out and bring them with you.
Notification of Vaccination Letter
Vaccine Administration Record *North Carolina Residents Only FORM
Vaccine Administration Record FORM