TIE Hits the $20 Million Mark!
We are pleased to announce that Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program has reached the $20 Million mark for total dollars donated! TIE was founded in 1998 with the goal of helping schools in our communities, and has grown to over 5,500 participating schools today. Thank you to all of our schools and TIE supporters for their participation over the last 15 years!
We want all of our schools to continue to increase their links and dollars raised! Review the tips below that could help your school be more successful in our TIE program, and get started early for the 2013-14 school year!
Harris Teeter would love to hear what your school has done with their TIE earnings. Please share your stories with us at TIE@harristeeter.com. Remember the more links your school gets the more money your school can earn!
- Start a binder for all of your TIE communications (coordinator login information, How the TIE program works, etc.)
- Keep your TIE Coordinator information current; make changes before August 1st to be sure your school does not miss out on any important communications for the new year.
- Find out when your school releases information about the upcoming school year, such as assigned teachers, new class schedules, etc. Use this opportunity to remind your parents to link their VIC card starting on August 1st.
- Use the Mass Link option in the TIE Coordinator's section to link parents during the school year. Sign them up at your open house events, large school functions, sporting events, etc. Just collect the last name and VIC card, it’s that easy!
- Make a direct link to our TIE section from your school website to ensure the linking process is that much easier for parents.
- Get support from your local community by educating community members about Together In Education and asking them to link to your school at your local Harris Teeter. Starting August 1st, teach your community members how much they can help your school. Find out how you can schedule your school at one of our stores.
- Most importantly, learn all about how the TIE program works and teach your parents and community members. Your schools will earn money when customers purchase Harris Teeter Brand items only or fill a prescription at our pharmacy. Visit our Together in Education Details page for complete details on the TIE program.
Don’t forget ALL VIC cards will need to be RE-LINKED for the 2013-14 school year starting August 1st. Contact parents and community members for support, it is easy and linking your VIC card does not cost you ANYTHING!
Top Earning Schools During First Payout
|Grimsley Senior High - Choral Program (4618)
|Page High School (1861)
|Randolph Elementary School PTA (6929)
|Providence High School Rugby Club (7697)
|Providence High School PTSO (1261)
|Hopewell High School JROTC (5624)
|W H Taylor Elementary School (4266)
|Hoffman-Boston Elementary School (5424)
|Creighton’s Corner PTA (7201)
|Lynn Road Elementary School (2293)