Harris Teeter Announces $259,809 Distribution to Together in Education Schools in First Payout of School Year
Company Continues to Donate Money to Schools through Together in Education
Harris Teeter Together in Education (TIE) donated $259,809.16 to participating TIE schools during the first of three payouts of the 2012/2013 school year, raising the program total to $18,267,627.82 since 1998.
Harris Teeter’s ongoing commitment to education dates back to its co-founder W.T. Harris who, in the 1960s, advocated for kindergarten to be a part of North Carolina’s public school system. When W.T. Harris retired, the company continued to support excellence in education, and in 1998, Harris Teeter’s leadership formalized a plan to fund school programs in its marketing areas. What resulted was TIE - Harris Teeter’s promise to the community to donate money back to schools when customers purchase Harris Teeter Brands or fill prescriptions at a Harris Teeter pharmacy.
It is easy for both customers and schools to get involved in Together in Education. Schools or school programs register for a TIE code on harristeeter.com, and customers then link their VIC card to up to five of those TIE codes anytime between August and May of every school year. Once the VIC card is linked, every time a customer purchases Harris Teeter Brands or fills a prescription at a Harris Teeter pharmacy, Harris Teeter donates money back to the school(s) to which the customer’s VIC card is linked. The sooner customers link their VIC card to a TIE code during a given school year, the more money they can earn for their selected school(s).
Harris Teeter Together in Education distributes money to TIE schools and programs three times per school year; the first payout was in December and the second payout is in March. Harris Teeter donated over $42,000 to the top ten earning schools during the first payout of the school year; a total of 415 schools earned a check, averaging $626 per school.
Top Earning Schools, First Payout:
- Barcroft Elementary School in Arlington, Va.: $8,706.98
- Grimsley Senior High School Choral Program in Greensboro, N.C.: $6,068.54
- Page High School in Greensboro, N.C.: $4,604.23
- Randolph Elementary School in Arlington, Va.: $4,505.62
- Arlington Science Focus School in Arlington, Va.: $3,729.45
- Providence High School PTSO in Charlotte, N.C.: $3,190.10
- Hopewell High School JROTC in Huntersville, N.C.: $3,165.47
- Drew Model Elementary School in Arlington, Va.: $2,954.57
- W.H. Taylor Elementary School in Norfolk, Va.: $2,840.69
- Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School in Arlington, Va.: $2,595.99
Click here to link your VIC card to a TIE code and start earning money for schools today.
For more information about Harris Teeter Together in Education, visit harristeeter.com.