Harris Teeter Shoppers Donate Over $445,000 to Support Our Troops Donation Card Campaign
USO, Wounded Warrior Project to Receive Over $222,500 Each
Charlotte, N.C. – In May, Harris Teeter hosted a donation card campaign benefiting USO and Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP). The campaign encouraged customers to help make a difference to troops, their families and Wounded Warriors by making a $1, $3 or $5 donation to the Support Our Troops Campaign.
“Harris Teeter, its employees and their customers are well-known for their commitment to their communities and the many non profit organizations serving those in need,” said USO-NC President and Chief Operating Officer John Falkenbury. “The recent campaign to assist USO enables us to provide critical services and programs to our nation's warriors and families, many who have been impacted by over 10 years of combat and multiple deployment."
Falkenbury expressed thanks and stressed the importance of the donation card campaign in this video.
“We’re grateful to the entire Harris Teeter family for their passion and dedication throughout the Support Our Troops campaign,” said Jonathan Sullivan, development executive vice president for WWP. “By asking for donations at the register, Harris Teeter not only helped raise over $222,500 that will go directly to much-needed programs for wounded service members and their families, they also helped raise awareness for the challenges these families face.”
Using the money donated by Harris Teeter’s generous shoppers, USO will be able to:
- Provide 8,900 care packages to deployed military member
- Have 24,504 bed time stories read to children by their deployed parents
- Deliver 14,833 phone cards to deployed troops
WWP will be able to:
- Provide 12 Wounded Warriors with equipment, including a specially equipped bicycle, riding gear, bike jersey and t-shirt to participate in the Soldier Ride program for a week, and …
- Provide a computer to explore information technology as a potential career field to 79 injured service men and women enrolled in the Transition Training Academy, and …
- Invite 49 Wounded Warrior caregivers to a Family Support Retreat to receive a much needed weekend of relaxation, respite and companionship with fellow caregivers at no cost to them
Harris Teeter along with USO and WWP thank our valued customers and employees who donated to the Support Our Troops campaign.
For more information about programs and services provided by the USO, please visit www.uso.org.
For more information about programs and services provided by WWP, please visit www.woundedwarriorproject.com.