Harris Teeter Donates Over $7.4 Million to Non-Profit Organizations During its 2011 Fiscal Year
Company also Donates 3.4 Million Pounds of Food to Feeding America Partner Agencies
Charlotte, N.C. – Harris Teeter believes in giving back to the communities in which it is located, and during its 2011 fiscal year, the company donated $7,430,505 to various nonprofit organizations in its marketing areas as well as 3.4 million pounds of food to its Feeding America partner agencies.
Harris Teeter proudly supports a variety of nonprofit organizations in its communities including local food banks, recreational youth sports organizations, schools – grades k-12 and United Way. The 2011 giving totals represent monies donated through a combination of company contributions, vendor sponsored programs, donation card campaigns and disaster relief efforts.
Highlights from Harris Teeter’s 2011 giving program include:
• Over $1.5 million to schools through Together in Education
• Over $250,000 to Muscular Dystrophy Association
• Over $645,000 to food bank partner agencies through a combination of events, donation card campaigns and Harris Teeter
• Over $2 million to nonprofit organizations through Community Cares Associate Giving Campaign
• Over $615,000 raised by the Salvation Army during its annual Kettle Campaign in front of Harris Teeter stores
Harris Teeter would like to thank its generous shoppers and vendors for support of its giving programs and looks forward to growing relationships with its nonprofit partners in 2012.