Harris Teeter Donates Over $6.6 Million to Non-Profit Organizations during its 2010 Fiscal Year
The company also donated 3.9 million pounds of food to Feeding America partner agencies
Charlotte, NC – Harris Teeter believes in giving back to the communities in which it is located and, during its 2010 fiscal year, donated $6,662,433.90 to various nonprofit organizations in its marketing areas as well as 3.9 million pounds of food to its Feeding America partner agencies.
Harris Teeter established its giving priorities to guide its giving process, primarily supporting local food banks; recreational youth sports organizations; schools grades k-12; and disaster relief efforts. The company’s 2010 giving totals represent monies donated through a combination of company contributions, vendor sponsored programs and donation card campaigns.
Highlights from Harris Teeter’s 2010 giving program include:
- $1,396,930.39 to schools through Together in Education
- $663,623.50 donated to the American Red Cross International Relief Fund to help victims of the Haiti Earthquake
- $81,700 raised during Harris Teeter’s Community Cares Donation Card Campaign to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association, the American Cancer Society and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- $598,000 donated to food bank partner agencies through a combination of vendor sponsored events, donation card campaigns and Harris Teeter corporate contributions
- $281,000 raised by Harris Teeter’s southern and central region to support the American Heart Association’s Start! Charlotte and Start! Guilford Heart and Stroke Walk
- $523,000 raised by the Salvation Army during its annual Kettle Campaign in front of Harris Teeter stores company-wide
Harris Teeter would like to thanks its generous shoppers and vendors for support of its giving programs and looks forward to developing new relationships with nonprofit organizations in 2011.