Harris Teeter Together in Education Announces First Payout of 2009/2010 School Year
362 Schools Earn Checks Totaling $382,146.25
Charlotte, NC - Harris Teeter Together in Education (TIE) announced its first payout of the 2009/2010 school year in December. A total of 362 schools earned checks ($250 or more) during the first payout for a total of $382,146.25 donated to schools.
1st Payout, 2009/2010: Top Ten Schools
1. Our Lady of Grace in Greensboro: $4,557.75
2. Hopewell High School JROTC in Huntersville: $4,459.33
3. Barcroft Elementary School in Arlington: $4,095.18
4. Providence High School-PTSO in Charlotte: $3,291.14
5. Grimsley Senior High Choral Program in Greensboro: $2,810.63
6. Our Lady of Lourdes School in Raleigh: $2,727.53
7. Charlotte County Day School in Charlotte: $2,416.33
8. Providence Day School in Charlotte: $2,343.50
9. Arlington Science Focus School in Arlington: $2,231.12
10. Charlotte Latin School in Charlotte: $2,129.36
Harris Teeter established TIE in 1998 to provide financial support for area schools. When customers link their Very Important Customer (VIC) cards to a school’s TIE code and then purchase a Harris Teeter brand product or fill a prescription at the pharmacy, Harris Teeter will donate a portion of that purchase amount back to the school of the shopper’s choice! Since the program’s inception, Harris Teeter has donated over $13.1 million to participating schools; the schools are able to spend the donated money on those things the schools deem appropriate.
Key Facts about Together in Education
• Program runs from August 1st until May 31st every year
• Payouts take place three times per year in December, March and July
• Customers must RE-LINK their VIC card every year
• Customers can link their VIC cards to up to 5 schools
• Customers earn money for their school when they purchase Harris Teeter Brand items
including H.T. Traders, HT Naturals, Harris Teeter, YourBaby, YourTot, YourPet, YourHome, and pre-packaged Farmers Market items or fill their prescription at any Harris Teeter Pharmacy location. A percentage of each item is donated directly to the school(s) to which they are linked.
• Harris Teeter Together in Education coordinates bonus programs throughout the year to give schools additional chances raise money.
• Customers can schedule Together in Education linking events in Harris Teeter stores by visiting harristeeter.com
Visit harristeeter.com for more information about Together in Education or dollars donated to schools in your area.